Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Jittery Joe's Computer

Jittery Joe's is a coffee company based in Athens, Georgia, which sponsors a professional cycling team. While I've never actually had their coffee (although I do have one of their mugs) I've seen their team in action more than once, and have spent some time on their website. The website (http://www.jitteryjoes.com/) just happens to have a store, and the store just happens to have a $60 Cateye Strada Wireless bike computer on sale for $24.99. Now, I've known about this deal for quite sometime - almost a year - but I've been using my Garmin Forerunner GPS in lieu of a computer since I got my bike. This has always worked fine (for the most part) but with the aerobars on my bike now, there really isn't a place for the Garmin. So I figured hey, what's thirty bucks - I mean otherwise I'm just out there with no idea how fast I'm going or how far I've traveled, and I can't ride that way! It's all about the numbers, right?! Anyway, the computer arrived today and although it's a different color than advertised on the website, it looks pretty cool. I haven't ridden with it yet so I can't tell you if it sucks or not. What I can do is put up a few pictures and tell you I'll get back to you on the computer's actual performance - deal?


No comments:

Post a Comment