Friday, March 20, 2009

2007 Trek 1000

I got my first "real" road bike in the Spring of '08 - it's a 2007 Trek 1000 SL. Here's me with the bike the day I brought it home from the Bike Shop.




Man, I was so excited - I felt like a kid with a new, well, bike! I couldn't stop thinking about how happy I was with the way the bike was set-up, and how much fun it was to ride. True to the norm, however, it only took about a week for the "tinkering" urge to kick in, and I realized I wanted to make some changes. First, the reflectors had to go. I only ride during daylight, so I felt they were unneccessary. And they do two things I don't like - add weight, and make me look like a dork! Next, I wanted to get some clipless pedals, so I picked up some Shimano 105s on sale from a local store. More recently, I've flipped the stem for a more aerodynamic position on the bike, and installed a new saddle - a Bontrager Inform R. Here's a recent picture of my buddy Riley with the bike - needless to say, it's changed a bit.



Next, I'd really like to add some clip-on aerobars and, eventually, get some new wheels. But for now, my Trek 1000 rides great, and I've really enjoyed the heck out of owning it. Hopefully there will be more to talk about soon - I'm really jonesing for those aerobars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment