Monday, March 23, 2009

Aerobars

Well, "wanting" those aerobars didn't last too long (I love tax refunds.) On Saturday, Amber and I went down to All 3 Sports - a local triathlon shop to pick up my aerobars. Needless to say, I had done my research (probably more than was neccessary, but hey, that's just me.) I'd decided to go with the Profile Design T1+Viper Carbon Fiber aerobars and, true to form, I got them on sale. After a few more shopping stops along our way, Amber and I set to installing the new bars at home. Thanks to her incredible help, the process was actually pretty smooth - I only almost blew my top once or twice... maybe three times. Had she not been there, however, I would have been a little screwed without a maintenance stand - I'm really beginning to appreciate how valuable one of those would be. Anyway, here's a picture of the handlebars pre and post installation. And after...

Thus, with the bars installed and adjusted to fit me, it was time for a quick spin before we headed out to dinner. I haven't done any serious mileage with the aerobars yet, but I'm sure they'll more than pay for themselves - both in comfort added, and wind resistance reduced. I taped up the ends of the bars using some Profile Design camo(ish) tape, which I think looks pretty cool. Here's my girl Dixie with the finished product - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment